Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Michelle!

My roommate's birthday is today. I really love birthdays. Why, you ask? Because I get to spend the evening before doing this:

Why yes, those are heart-shaped measuring spoons.

I love whoever first paired butter with sugar.

Definitely licked the beater (the birthday person got to lick the bowl).

Chocolate...

more chocolate...

Swirls!

Mmm, frosting.

Piped dots, because I'm cute like that.

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't breakfast for Michelle, Bridgette, and me. That picture was taken at about 7:45 in the morning.

Best birthday cake from Smitten Kitchen. The title does not lie, even though my frosting did not turn out shiny like hers. I upped the sweetener in it by about a tablespoon; the sour cream was a little overpowering at first. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment